Sunday, August 14, 2011

The first meal


As I am typing these lines, I have just finished installing my wifi, putting together the last shelf and taking my cookbooks out of the boxes. I guess it can start feeling like home.

This is my very first meal cooked in my new flat in Lausanne and a special weeknight favorite of mine, after a recipe found in Donna Hay Magazine.


Roasted potatoes with lamb's lettuce and an addictive creamy dressing - Serves 1
3-4 medium firm potatoes, washed
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
juice of 1/2 lemon
a handful lamb's lettuce (rampon) or baby spinach
--
[1] Preheat the oven at 180°C. Cut the potatoes in thin slices. Mix gently with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and spread on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until crispy.
[2] Mix the sour cream, mayo and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
[3] When crispy, let the potatoes cool ever so slightly and serve with the salad and dressing.

My lazy-day option is to use ready-made rösti and cook them in the frying pan, works great and avoids the potato chopping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment