Sunday, July 3, 2011

In the name of Food.

R.I.P. PirApe Kitchen, welcome to my new online kitchen!

Despite travelling a lot in the recent times, I still manage to cook a lot, actually bringing back from my European tours many new ideas and products. I would love to share all of this here, hoping I will be more thorough than before :) As for languages, I always have this French/English dilemma, so I might add some posts/recipes in French too.

The very first recipe is a perfect example of tasty and simple food! Discovered in Barcelona two weeks ago, let me introduce Pan con tomate


Pan con tomate 
Make about 20
1 baguette (ciabatta bread is great too)
1 clove garlic, peeled and cut in half
Olive oil
1 large juicy tomato
Jamón (spanish ham, skip this to make the vegetarian version)
Salt and pepper

[1] Preheat the oven at 150°C. Cut slices in the baguette and rub them with the garlic. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Put in the oven for a couple of minutes or until slightly toasted.
[2] Cut the tomato in half and rub the toasted bread.
[3] Add a small slice of jamón to each toast & serve, ideally with a glass of Rioja.

No comments:

Post a Comment